Disclosure

This blog contains affiliate links, read my full disclosure here.

My Simple Christmas Bucket List

My Simple Christmas Bucket List

November 12, 2019

I can’t help it, I’m excited for Christmas. It might seem a little early to make a Christmas bucket list, but I don’t care! I’m over the edge into the Christmas season.

This Christmas bucket list has an emphasis on making Christ the center of everything we do to celebrate this year. However, I feel like everything I do can be done to the glory of God, so not every item has a specific Christ component- like drink hot chocolate. I have kept items off my list that have to do with Santa, or commercialism and things like that.

A Christmas Bucket List for 2019:

• Look at Christmas lights
  • Watch my favorite Christmas movie (mine is “It’s a Wonderful Life”)
  • Read the Christmas story from Luke 2
  • Bake Christmas cookies
  • Take a treat to a friend
  • Snuggle under a blanket with hot chocolate
  • Set up my Nativity scenes
  • Sing Christmas carols
  • Make a Christmas craft
  • Do a random act of kindness
  • Drink apple cider
My Christmas Bucket List
  • Read the “Best Christmas Pageant Ever”
  • Learn about Christmas in another country
  • Make a new Christmas ornament
  • Go to Christmas Eve service
  • Celebrate Advent
  • Play car games while we travel
  • Watch Charlie Brown Christmas
  • Read the origin of the candy cane
  • Have a candy cane hunt
  • Start a new tradition

A Simple Christmas

I want this year to be a simple Christmas. Instead of rushing and trying to fit as much in as I can, I plan to enjoy our days. I want to take it slow with the girls and have moments instead of madness.

If you also are on the hunt for a simpler Christmas, have a look at my Kid’s Christmas Discipleship Bundle. Not only would you knock off a few items from this list, but you would have a chance to be intentional in the way you approach Christmas this year.

This bundle begins with a devotion for each day leading up to Christmas. It has song links for family worship and activities made to make kids think about the meaning of Christmas.

I was very intentional about what to include in the Kid’s Christmas Disicpleship Bundle. It begins with Genesis and takes a broad look at how the story of Christ’s birth fits into the big picture of our faith. It explains why we needed Jesus to be born and what we should do about his life and death.

For fun there are Christmas recipes that are simple enough to make with kids and games to reinforce the lessons. Each day will take only a few minutes, but will focus your family on Jesus this Christmas.

The Kid’s Christmas Discipleship Bundle includes:

• Daily Devotions
  • Song links to go with each day’s devotions
  • Fun Christmas activities, crafts and recipes to reinforce the devotions
  • A reading plan for you, the parent as you go through the devotions with your kids
  • A big picture look at the story of the Bible and how Jesus’ birth fits into God’s plan

Get the Bundle here.

Previous Post Next Post

12 Comments

• Rebecca Hastings

I love making the holidays simple in a way that works for each of us! It helps me be present and enjoy them so much more!

November 12, 2019 at 4:16 pm Reply
    • danellsteffen

Yes! Me too!!

November 12, 2019 at 5:37 pm Reply
  • Patsy Burnette

My favorite, local coffee shop has its anniversary in December. This year it will be their 6th. Every year they play It’s a Wonderful Life outside on a big screen and people sit around fire pits wrapped in blankets, eating popcorn and drinking hot cocoa and watch the movie. It’s a special place and a special time each December. I love this movie!

Pinned & tweeted, Danell.

Thanks for linking up at InstaEncouragements!

November 12, 2019 at 11:22 pm Reply
    • danellsteffen

That sounds AMAZING! I wish I could do that near my house!!!

November 13, 2019 at 12:02 am Reply
  • Johanna

I love this – Simple is so great! We get rid of all the junk and make JESUS the center of Christmas <3

November 13, 2019 at 3:20 pm Reply
    • danellsteffen

Yes! Thanks Johanna!

November 13, 2019 at 4:26 pm Reply
  • Maureen

I love this! Over the last couple of years, I ‘ve been intentionally working at simplifying what I do so that the holiday can be sweet, joy-filled, and as restful as possible. It’s always been complicated because we are in Pastoral Leadership and all of our extended family is in another country. Busyness and travel fill the holiday and there are just some things that can’t be trimmed off. But, having a little bucket list of what is important to the heart…that’s golden! Thanks for this great idea💕

November 13, 2019 at 3:57 pm Reply
    • danellsteffen

Oh I have been there Maureen! My husband was a pastor for over nine years before he went to work for a missions non profit. That is the hardest because there is so much that you have to be involved with. But it’s so good to have little memories that are just the things you choose.

November 13, 2019 at 4:26 pm Reply
  • Katie @ Agape Investing

We do a lot of these as a family already, but I really love your idea to learn about Christmas traditions in other countries!! Great idea!

November 13, 2019 at 5:44 pm Reply
    • danellsteffen

Thanks Katie!

November 13, 2019 at 9:18 pm Reply
  • Laura Thomas

You and I are clearly on the same wavelength this week, Danell! My favorite movie is also “It’s a Wonderful Life”— the very best! 😉 I love the idea of a bucket list… I’m going to make one, too. Thanks so much!

November 14, 2019 at 11:09 pm Reply
    • danellsteffen

Thanks Laura- it’s such a good movie!!

November 15, 2019 at 5:55 pm Reply